Thursday, January 10, 2008

Back to the Sewing Machine


Back in college, it was all about sewing. I made shirts, dresses, bags... even pants. Some of them were cute, and some of them were atrocious. The thing was, as much as I liked making clothing, I really hated sewing. I'd always mess things up-- I'd sew pieces together inside out, or backwards, or the fabric would get all chewed up and the stitch tension was all wrong. It frustrated the hell out of me! I guess I just don't have the patience for it.

But I've busted the sewing machine back out, and I'm doing a little experimenting with some cool stripe-y scarves. Luckily, it involves minimal actual sewing; I've just been stitching some funky zig zags over the felt circles I cut out. So far, so good.

I hope to get some pics of this being worn soon, so I can get it posted on Etsy.

No comments: