Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Listening to:

The past few weeks, I haven't been able to stop listening to Hayes Carll. Strangely, I don't know how I really feel about his music. He sort of reminds me of Ryan Adams circa Whiskeytown/Faithless Street. A little bit aggressively alt-country, which can get tiresome after a while. But not yet. He has some shows up on archive.org, and they're fun and energetic. I'm especially digging "Sit in With the Band."

This pic freaks me out a bit:

But this one (taken last year) is somewhat redemptive...somewhat:

On another note, I recently found out that my tv cable package inexplicably includes free on-demand movies. I don't know why or how, but I watched Dumb and Dumber at 3am last night and let me tell you, it was even funnier than I remembered.

Hey, good news. Things are finally looking a little better for the Dems.

Somehow, i got a job as an event photographer for some fancy dinner tomorrow night. WTF? I plan on borrowing my roomie's camera, wearing all black, stuffing as much free shrimp as I can into my pockets, and then disappearing before anyone figures out I don't really know how to use a camera.

Woo hoo!

No comments: