Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Neglect, Love, and Nectarines

So, I've been ignoring my blog for the past two weeks. Not for lack of love though. I've just been fantastically busy and my brain feels like a hummingbird; constantly, frantically flapping from one flower to the next.

So, last week I was FEATURED on ETSY!

Oh man, i was so excited! It was great; I got tons of inspiring messages from etsy sellers (and two kind-but-still semi-creepy "hey are you single?" messages as well.) Regardless, I've been pretty busy since that story ran.

On Sunday, Elsie Q and I went down to Gantry State Park to do our first-ever photo shoot. It took weeks of trying to pull everything together -- inventory, models, photographer, etc -- but in the end it was all worth it. The always-wonderful Michael Borders took about a million pics, and supplied a super-cool pop-up changing room (which none of us could figure out how to fold up again once we had it open.

Within literally two minutes of all the involved parties showing up at the designated meeting spot, the sky opened up and rain started falling. It got dark and thunder was rumbling. I was totally crushed, thinking that the evening was about to end before it even began. Luckily, the rain passed pretty quickly (and we got some cool shots of the model posing with a funky polka dot umbrella.)

I can't wait for the photos to be ready so that I can share them!

Oh, and as for the pop-up dressing room... well late Sunday night, Michael Borders emailed me the following video:


No comments: