Thursday, August 6, 2009

Strange and intriguing.... My one-time favorite band Counting Crows are on tour with Michael Franti from Spearhead, who I also totally love. I was at a festival a few years back and Franti joined in on this game of hacky sack with a bunch of hippie kids who were playing in front of our tent. I just liked the vibe about him -- even though he was at the show to headline, he wasn't chilling out backstage in a trailer, he was on the festival grounds just hanging out.

Regardless, Counting Crows have been way too whiny for the past few albums and I really haven't listened to anything they've put out in the last 7 or 8 years. Still, I think it's pretty safe to say that August and Everything After is one of the best modern folk rock albums ever released. Too bad it was a progressive downhill from there...

But some of the clips of Counting Crows performing with Michael Franti look and sound pretty cool:

No comments: