Thursday, December 3, 2009

Manet and Booze

Shopping online tonight for Christmas presents. I was thinking about getting Mikey an absinthe fountain, though it seems like the nice ones all begin at $150 and only skyrocket in price from there. But, my absinthe research led me to something far more interesting: Absinthe spoons.

As someone whose knowledge of absinthe extends no further than the fact that I appreciate the painting "The Absinthe Drinker," I discovered tonight that the sugar that is mixed with absinthe before drinking is often stirred in with a special spoon. And these spoons are really freaking awesome works of art.




Very inspiring! I'm imagining these spoons as jewelry -- pendants or bracelets. I'll have to add that to my litst of the gazillion projects I've yet to begin...

No comments: