Sunday, September 21, 2008

I found a friend in Sven

Got a message from my boss on Friday that, due to a paperwork glitch, I won't be getting a paycheck this week. Whoops!

Granted, I only work 10 or so hours a week, so the paycheck isn't much to speak of. But still, it's frustrating; this happens at the beginning of every semester. Thank God that I sold at Artists & Fleas this past weekend. It was a lovely sunny day in NYC, and the Williamburg characters were out in FULL FORCE. I made my "rent" back after a few hours and left at 7:30pm having sold enough pieces to get me through the week. I met a lovely cast of sellers, including Alice, a recent college grad who was selling funky feather and bead adorned accessories, and Tracie, another Etsy full-timer.

After that, headed out to the Fillmore East to see the Dirty Dozen Brass Band, with Trombone Shorty opening. Nice. Trombone Shorty just gets better and better every time I see him, and the Dirty Dozen are a great band too.

This morning, I did a little brunching in A-town, then headed out to the BK to see lil Wyatt and buy an awesome pair of funky/clunky/strange red clogs, which I've been eyeing for a few months now. Probably not the best time for a shoe purchase, but, oh well. Put it on the credit card!





Here is Wy, eating his shoe:



We hung out in Staples FOR-EVER while Jenny screwed around with a busted copier.
Here is Wy looking bored, in the printer aisle:

No comments: