Monday, October 20, 2008

A love letter to Austin, TX

It's been entirely too long since I've posted. Feeling a little guilty for neglecting the blog! I just got back from Austin, Texas, where Elsie Q and I were vendors at the MAKER FAIRE! It was such a wild, wonderful weekend.

Maker Faire was this crazy hodge-podge of... creations? How can i better describe it? I don't think I can, except with a few pics:




In the midst of all the madness, we met tons of ridiculously nice Texans, and lots of amazingly talented artists.

Elsie Q quickly became obsessed with the furry bear hoods being sold by Foxy Monster, and soon became the proud owner of one:


We also were loving A Punkin Card Company, Harrilu, and Tara to the T (I am now the proud owner of a fabulous feather headband!)

We worked our butts off at Maker Faire, but we still had time for cotton candy, hiking at McKinney Falls, wandering the boutiques of South Congress, and catching two of my favorite musicians, Ryan Montbleau and Martin Sexton at Antone's. What an amazing show!

Safe to say, we are totally in love with Austin!

No comments: