Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Something Smoky and Sweet

Mikey D has got me totally hooked on this version of "I'd Rather Go Blind." You must watch this (over and over again.)


Something Sad: Michael Borders is leaving NYC for Atlanta. We got together for some BBQ tonight for his "farewell" dinner. I met Michael in a kinda bizarre way: Years ago, I put a post up on Craigslist because I was looking for a photographer to take some shots of my jewelry. Michael responded to the post and offered to shoot my jewelry - for free! I discovered that he was not only a wonderful photographer, but an amazing person too. Me and the Astoria crew are truly gonna miss his presence at our parties, where he'd commandeer our blue arm chair and demonstrate his quirky "talent" of following multiple conversations at one time. Then he'd pass out on our couch.

This pic of me and Michael was taken at about 2am on the night of our White Trash Christmas party a couple years ago. I think we were both tanked at this point, although I do remember being thrilled to receive Michael's gift for the white trash gift exchange: a Steven Segal movie. Good times, good times. We'll miss you, Michael Borders!

No comments: