Monday, November 10, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!

I want this!


It's so totally ridiculous and wonderful! A blanket that you can wear!!

The Snuggie website looks like it was created by a kid in a high school graphic design class. Plus the logo/name is a blatant rip-off of Snuggle fabric softener. The commercial is equally bizarre, with a Snuggie-clad family taking in an outdoor sporting event.



And I'm feeling a little disconcerted by the fact that you get two snuggies and two reading lights for twenty bucks. I almost feel like I'd prefer to be over-charged in this case. Lie to me, Snuggie! When you pile on tons of "freebies" it's basically like admitting that your product is crap.

Actually, after doing a little product research, it seems that the Snuggie is the red-headed stepchild of the Slanket -- the rolls royce of blanket attire for the lonely and hopeless.

Unfortunately, it's always second-best for me --- I can only dream of one day being able to afford the Slanket. So for now, I'll be saving my nickels for the Snuggie and dreaming of the day when I can prance through the streets of Astoria, toasty warm in my Sunggie!

No comments: