Monday, October 19, 2009

The View from Two Feet Up

While driving up the coast this summer, Elsie Q and I met a 20 year old Dutch guy named Halbe. He joined us on the road from San Luis Obispo to Monterey. We had a great time together, and it was really sad to say goodbye.

Two weeks ago, Halbe emailed me to tell me that he and his older brother were coming to NYC for holiday, and could they stay with me?

Of course.

So, that's how I've come to have two very tall Dutch men sleeping on air matresses in my kitchen since Wednesday.

 

I've sort of spent the past few days feeling like I'm shrinking.

Other than that, having the Dutchmen around has been totally fantastic and I'm sad to see them ago.

Of course, we had to send them off in style with an impromptu 29th Street dinner party which included fajitas with massive amounts of toppings, a variety of seasonal beers, Karrie impulsively deep frying pickles, and Mikey D contemplating if his distended stomach could be atttributed to pregnancy or just a food baby.



 

 

Good times, good times. Next up, Holland! 

No comments: