Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It's all happening

Last Thursday was the SITE first anniversary party, featuring the jewelry of yours truly. They had wine in juice boxes!! That was an exciting little addition to what turned out to be a really fun party. Tons of local Astoria people, cupcakes, and alcohol.... a recipe for a rowdy night. (And a hangover the next morning).


I worked like mad on Sunday, and came up with some fab new designs that I will be premiering at the BUST Spring Fling on April 27th in Brooklyn. Lots of mixed metal pieces, rings and cuffs. One of the new pieces is my funky
"In Orbit" ring. It's delicate, but still very eye catching. It was SUCH a debacle to make, because I ran out of medium solder, which meant that i had to assemble the whole thing using easy solder. Everything was gravy till I started soldering the dotted rings to the base. The solder that I'd already applied began to flow again and the whole thing collapsed. That happened about three times. But I was feeling stubborn and kept fighting with it till I managed to get the whole thing to stay together. I think it was well worth it!


To get an In Orbit ring of your very own, go here.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the new designs look great - congrats on the show. You have beautiful work

AdornmentsbyMilani.com said...

Hi Krista, you are ridiculously talented:) Are you sure you really need that 9-5 job?!! Thanks for your talent and for taking the time to comment on my etsy thread http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5557172&page=6
Take care:)