Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sometimes I Research

Never in my life had I ever heard of a Blythe doll, and now all of a sudden, they are everywhere I look.


It began when the vendor next to me at Craftacular was selling Blythe.... dolls? clothing? Hmmm, it's kinda hazy.

Then I saw some Blythe stuff on Etsy.

And tonight, more Blythe crap-ola.

Is it a sign that I'm getting older and thus am out of touch with these pop culture toys? I needed to get up to date with the Blythe mystery. So, I googled it and it seems that Blythe dolls were created by Kenner in the 70's and had a resurgence over the last five years or so. Basically, they are these dolls with huge eyes. I searched them on Etsy and sound more than 5,000 items for sale -- mostly handmade Blythe clothes, but also Blythe artwork and photos. Hmmmm.

Anyways, I doubt I'll have much use for this new bit of knowledge, but at least I can rest easy tonight knowing that I'm still down with the kids.

No comments: